DMC Properties, Inc., a privately held real estate development and investment company, maintains a portfolio of retail, office and warehouse space in the Carolinas.
DMC Properties, Inc. originated in 1922 as Dixon Motor Company. N. Frank Dixon Sr. and his two brothers opened a Ford automobile dealership in Belmont, North Carolina. In 1960 Dixon Motor Company incorporated as the local Ford franchise dealer for Belmont and neighboring Mount Holly.
Dixon Motor Company diversified in the 1970s into real estate development. In 1981, Dixon Motor Company spun off the retail Ford business and changed its name to DMC Properties, Inc.
DMC Properties currently owns and manages over 250,000 square feet of retail, office and warehouse space in North and South Carolina.